1 pound or 6 medium Carrots, scrapped and grated
4 cups Milk, whole or 2%
3/4 th cup Heavy cream
3/4th cup Sugar
6 tablespoons Almonds, ground
1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
3 tablespoons Pistachio nuts, coarsely crushed
3 tablespoons Ghee, (optional )
Put the grated carrots, milk and heavy cream into a deep, large, heavy saucepan. Bring it to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to moderate and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture has reduced to about half its original volume and is thick enough to coat a spoon heavily.Stir in the sugar and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add the almonds and the ghee and stir for a few minutes more.Remove the pan and stir in the cardamom. Decorate the top with the crushed pistachio nuts. Serve warm or at room temperature.
2 cups freshly grated Coconut
1 cup Milk
2 cups Sugar
4 tablespoons ghee
1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
2 table spoons sliced almonds
A few strands of saffron
Heat the milk till it begins to boil. Add the coconut. Lower heat and cook until all the milk has boiled down. Now add the sugar and ghee. Now add the saffron and cardamom powder. Stir well.Decorate with almonds.
1 cup Condensed sweetened milk
2 cups 2 % or Whole Milk
1 cup Almond powder
2 tablespoons Golden raisins
1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
A pinch of Saffron
Sugar as needed
1. Dried coconut flakes-2 ½ cups
2. Condensed milk-1 tin
3. Roasted almonds
1. Add condensed milk to the coconut flakes and mix well.
2. Let it sit for 15 min. make small balls out of the mixture.
3. Insert an almond inside each ball and roll again.
4. Roll the balls in powdered coconut and arrange them on a tray.
5. Keep them in the refrigerator for 4 hrs.
Serve them cold.
1.Paneer – 2cups
2.Milk powder- 1/6 cup
3.Milk - 1/6 cup
4.Sugar - 1/4 cup
5.Butter (ghee) -1 1/2 tbsp
6.Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
7.Pistachios – 1/2tbsp sliced
1.Make the paneer with whole milk. For this recipe use 2 cups of milk.
2.Heat the frying pan melt butter.
3.Now add paneer,milk and milk powder. Mix it well.
4.Cook mixture on medium heat stirring continuously until mixture starts leaving the sides of the frying pan and becomes like dough. .This is known as khoya.
5.Transfer the khoya into a bowl and let it cool off.
6. Mix the sugar and cardamom powder into the khoya and knead it for about a minute until it become soft dough.
7. Divide the mix into equal parts and roll them into small balls. Lightly press it down so it looks like a patty.
8. Decorate few pieces of pistachios on every peda.
Serve at room temperature.
2.Condensed milk -200ml
3.Cardamom crushed -3
4.Rice – 1cup
5.Pinch of saffron
1. Take 1.5 Liter of Full Milk , add powder of 3 green cardamoms and keep it to boil
2. Take rice, Wash it and soak in water till the milk boils fully.
3. Add the rice in milk and let it cook till the rice gets properly cooked and the milk becomes viscous.
4. Keep on stirring after every 4-5 minutes to avoid the milk to stick in the pan
5. Add saffron to add color and taste.
6. Turn off the stove and immediately add 200 ml of condensed milk ( add condensed milk according to your taste)
7. Garnish with pistachios,raisins or any dry fruit as per requirement