This is an excellent food to take to a outdoor barbeque party!!
One Chicken whole (approximately 3 lbs.)
1 ½ teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Red chili powder
4 -6 tablespoons Lemon juice
1/4 cup, melted Butter for basting
For the marinade:
6 -8 Tablespoons Yogurt
2 Tablespoons Heavy cream
3 teaspoons Ginger paste
3 teaspoons Garlic Paste
1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
1 -2 teaspoons Garam masala (Curry Powder can also be used)
½ a teaspoon Saffron (optional if unavailable)
Red and Orange color few drops each
1. Clean the chicken. Remove the skin.
And make deep incisions to the bone with a knife, (approximately 2 to 3 inches apart on the entire chicken). Make a paste of the salt, red chili powder and lemon juice and rub over the chicken evenly. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
2. Whisk the yogurt in a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Rub this marinade over the chicken. Keep aside for 4 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange the chicken, breasts down, on a shallow roasting pan. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove. Baste the chicken with the melted butter and the marinade drippings that have accumulated in the pan.
4. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and continue roasting the chicken for another 40 minutes. Remove the chicken and baste with butter.
5. Grill on a hot open grill for another 10 minutes till golden brown.
Sauted / Grilled Shrimp
500gms Shrimp cleaned
2 1/2 teaspoons Red chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Pepper powder
4 teaspoons Garlic paste
1 teaspoon Salt
5 tablespoons Lime juice
5 to 6 Wooden skewers
4 teaspoons Butter to baste
1/4th cup chopped Cilantro leaves
1. De-vein the shrimp, do not remove the skins. Soak the wooden skewers for 20 minutes in warm water.
2. Mix all of the marinade ingredients together. Rub the marinade on the shrimp let it marinate for 1 hour. Skewer the shrimp on the wooden skewers.
3. Grill on a high flame for 6-8minutes. Baste with butter in between.
4. Garnish with a dash lemon juice and cilantro leaves
Alternatively saute the Shrimp in butter for 5 to 8 minutes till done
4 Boneless Chicken Thighs
For the Marinade
4 Tablespoons Yogurt
2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
3 Teaspoons Ginger paste
3 Teaspoons Garlic paste
1/4th cup Cilantro or Coriander leaves
Salt to taste
3 Tablespoons Butter
Blend all the marinade ingredients in a blender at high speed.
Marinate the cubed chicken for at least 20 minutes. Try to marinate for an hour if time permits.
Skewer the chicken .Grill for 20-25 minutes. Basting with butter in between.
If you do not want to grill, bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25minutes. Then sauté the chicken in the butter in a hot pan for a few minutes
Serve hot with Mint Chutney.