Tomatoes big 2
Onion big 1
Ginger 1small piece
Salt a pinch
Pepper a spinach
Corriander leaves 5 strands
Water 4 cups
1. First,boil water in a pan.
2. Add tomatoes by cutting it into halves, add big pieces of onion to it. Add ginger piece and allow all three to boil till the tomatoes are easy to peal. Then remove from heat . Allow it to cool.
3.Remove the ginger piece and remove the outer skin of the tomaotes.
4. Now grind the onion and tomaotes into a thick paste.You may filter it if necessary.
5. Then to the same water used for boiling pour the juice of the above and keep boiling till it thickens.
6. Add pepper ,salt and coriander leaves as per taste and serve hot.
1/4 cup lentils
3 table spoons butter
1 tablespoon oil
2 onions chopped finely
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 dried red pepper crushed
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons flour
2 carrots chopped
2 tomatoes diced
6 cups bouillon or vegetable stock
Juice of one lemon
1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped
1 cup coconut milk
Salt to taste
Soak lentils in warm water.
Melt butter and oil in large pan, add chopped onion and cook until transparent. Add ginger cook 1 minute more. Add curry powder, dried red pepper, crumbled, ground coriander, freshly ground black pepper and stir over low heat 2 minutes. Add flour to pan, stir over low heat 1 minute. Add the bullion. Mix well.
Stir in the carrots and tomatoes and the drained lentils. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered 10 minutes, cover pan, simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables and lentils are tender.
Puree in blender or food processor. Return soup to pan, bring to boil. Season the soup with salt according to your taste. Stir in lemon juice and cilantro and simmer 5 minutes more. Reduce heat, stir in coconut milk.
Place a teaspoon of white rice in a bowl and pour the hot soup over it and serve.